How to save progress for Python3 for Robotics

I am currently completing the ‘Python3 for Robotics’ tutorial package, but I am unsure how to save my progress at the end of each day, could somebody point me in the correct direction please? Currently I am just leaving my laptop on all night.

Thank you in advance,
James

Hi @james.coady,

welcome to our community.

You don’t need to keep your computer running the whole night.

When you close Robot Ignite Academy, the system automatically saves your files located on ~/catkin_ws/src , and when you come back in another day, your files would be recovered without any problems.

Please let us know should you have further questions.

Cheers,

I’m in the same course, and when I come to the dashboard, it says “Continue where you left off.”, but it always takes me back to the Introduction (even though I have lots of new files). This isn’t terribly problematic, since the course is free and fairly short, but I could see this being incredibly frustrating in longer and paid-for courses. Is this going to continue as I continue through the course, or will I be able to come back specifically to where I left.

Hi @trav,

What you have described only happens to free courses (and it was not on purpose), and only when you don’t have an active license. But even for free courses, we already have it in the plan to remove this limitation, so that “free” is truly free!

Btw, welcome to the Community!

Thank you. I’m happy to be here.

BTW: There are a lot of Import Error’s in the notebook for this class(e.g.):

ImportErrorTraceback (most recent call last)
in ()
----> 1 from robot_control_class import RobotControl
3 robotcontrol = RobotControl()
5 l = robotcontrol.get_laser_full()

ImportError: No module named robot_control_class

You’re welcome.

Please ignore the import errors, it’s because the notebook has no access to the workspace. The errors should clear by the next time you load the course.