How to run code in ROSDS IDE?

The independant terminal seems to have packages that the terminal in the IDE does not. Almost like they are running in different VM’s.

When I start the IDE terminal I see: bash: /home/simulations/public_sim_ws/devel/setup.bash: No such file or directory.

No ROS commands work - I.E. rostopic list:

user:~$ rostopic list
bash: rostopic: command not found

This works just fine in the independent terminal. They also have different hostnames and don’t see the same files.

Hi @orionrobots ,

You are right, we don’t recommend to use IDE terminals, because they are not running the ROS environment prepared for the web shells or the simulation.

I am taking it as a suggestion for our next improvements.

Thanks for posting,

Please, let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Regards

One thing that would be handy would be a reference to the robot. IE - although I can use rostopic list to figure out that /scan is the laser scanner, the specs are not obvious. The training robot had a scanner with a ranges array of 0-719, which had a 180 degree sweep. I think that this robot has a scanner with ranges 0-359, which may be a 360 degree sweep, but not sure, and not sure if it’s correct to assume that 0 is forward and 90 is left or right with respect to the robot. This is ROS Basics Real Robot Project.

This kind of reference info (along with API reference material for rospy) would definitely help here.

The following post might help.