Gradebot doesn't work? It seems to hang after waiting for 20 minutes

Hello,

I have completed the code foundation for Robotics exam and have submitted exam. However, It has been long time but I didn’t take the result. I guess It is frozen. What should I do to send my result?

Hi @fkaraal ,

sometimes the reason why the gradebot takes longer to finish is that the submitted scripts have some errors, like infinite loops or things like that.

If you really believe the problem is with our platform, I would just try to reload the page and submit the quiz again. But I would wait for at least 25 minutes to make sure the problem is in the platform, because we have a timeout of 20 minutes. If the correction is not finished within 20 minutes, the process is killed automatically. That is why I ask you to wait for at least 25 minutes just to make sure.

Since the bot works for most users, I would recommend you double-check your code.

Please double-check also the instructions, because in some of the quizzes we instruct users not to call a given method when submitting the quiz, and when users forget this, the correction system hangs for ~20 minutes.

1 Like

Feedback from the last successful autocorrection:

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Setting up ROS environment (mark: 0)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] ROS environment setup is okay (mark: 0)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Checking Linux Task 0… (mark: 0)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Linux Task 0: linux_exam folder found (mark: 0)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Checking Linux Task 1… (mark: 0)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Linux Task 1: task1.sh found (mark: 0)

:heavy_check_mark: [assess] Linux Task 1(a): folders structure created correctly (mark: .75)

:heavy_check_mark: [assess] Linux Task 1(b): my_file.py file found (mark: 1.25)

:heavy_check_mark: [assess] Linux Task 1(c): final string correctly printed (mark: 1.75)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Checking Linux Task 2… (mark: 1.75)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Linux Task 2: task2.sh found (mark: 1.75)

:heavy_check_mark: [assess] Linux Task 3: small square performed correctly (mark: 2.50)

:heavy_check_mark: [assess] Linux Task 2: medium square performed correctly (mark: 3.00)

:heavy_check_mark: [assess] Linux Task 2: big square performed correctly (mark: 3.50)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Checking Linux Task 3… (mark: 3.50)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Linux Task 2: task3.sh found (mark: 3.50)

:heavy_check_mark: [assess] Linux Task 3: exam1.py permissions set correctly (mark: 4.00)

:heavy_check_mark: [assess] Linux Task 3: exam2.py permissions set correctly (mark: 4.50)

:heavy_check_mark: [assess] Linux Task 3: exam3.py permissions set correctly (mark: 5.00)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Checking Python Task 0… (mark: 5.00)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Python Task 0: python_exam folder found (mark: 5.00)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Checking Python Task 1… (mark: 5.00)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Python Task 1: task1.py found (mark: 5.00)

:heavy_multiplication_x: [assess] Python Task 1: highest value NOT detected correctly
Check:

• Adjust the Python script task1.py according to the instructions and specifications (mark: 5.00)

:heavy_multiplication_x: [assess] Python Task 1: lowest value NOT detected correctly
Check:

• Adjust the Python script task1.py according to the instructions and specifications (mark: 5.00)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Checking Python Task 2… (mark: 5.00)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Python Task 2: task2.py found (mark: 5.00)

:heavy_multiplication_x: [assess] Python Task 2: front laser value is not correct
Check:

• Adjust the Python script task2.py according to the instructions and specifications (mark: 5.00)

:heavy_multiplication_x: [assess] Python Task 2: left laser value is NOT correct
Check:

• Adjust the Python script task2.py according to the instructions and specifications (mark: 5.00)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Checking Python Task 3… (mark: 5.00)

:heavy_check_mark: [info] Python Task 3: task3.py found (mark: 5.00)

:heavy_multiplication_x: [assess] Python Task 3: get_laser_readings method DID NOT work correctly
Check:

• Adjust the Python script task3.py according to the instructions and specifications (mark: 5.00)

Are you sure you want to re-submit your exam? Your current score is 0.0/10.0. If you re-submit, this will be overwritten and CANNOT be recovered. You have submitted 1 time(s) and you have infinite trial(s) left (maximum allowed trials: infinite).

I tried again and took this result. Even though, it gave me 5 points, it shows 0 as my result.
Another problem I think my codes are correct for task1,2,3.py the reason that shows wrong the [postion of robot in my IDE is not same with instrucor

Hi @fkaraal ,

I was checking the logs and could not really determine the reason why the mark was not assigned to you.

I’m manually assigning you a 5.0 as it appears in the logs.

I see that your code was killed by timeout, so, there is probably an error in your code that makes it run forever.

It is very likely that you have a code like:

while True:
    do_something()

I would recommend you do some “sleep” so that the computer can “breathe”. Example:

rate = rospy.Rate(1)  # 1 hz
while True
    do_something()
    rate.sleep()

Please, review your code and feel free to submit it again.