Gps Navigation Configuration mixup

Hello,

In the Fuze sensor data to Improve navigation class unit 3. There is some confusion in the odometry configuration for the GPS. In one section it says this:

odom1: /odometry/gps
odom1_config: [true, true, false,
false, false, false,
false, false, false,
false, false, false,
false, false, false]
odom1_differential: false

and right below it says [option 2]:
odom1: /odometry/gps
odom1_config: [false, false, false,
false, false, false,
true, true, true,
false, false, true,
false, false, false]
odom1_differential: false

All tutorials and previous video lectures say to follow option 2 but I am confused here because are we not using the GPS coordinates for the xy pose of the system?

My code for this section can be found: (GitHub - Oreoluwa-Se/Ros-Autonomous-Vehicle).
In the attached link the configuration followed is the first and when you run it… it drifts. Please help

Hello @olumidegodson12 ,

Yes, you are right, this is an error in the notebook. The correct configuration is the 1st option, adding to the filter the XY data.

Hello. When I make the configuration as the first option and launch the file the readings drift as shown in this video [Ros-Autonomous-Vehicle/video at main · Oreoluwa-Se/Ros-Autonomous-Vehicle · GitHub]. The code used can be found here [Ros-Autonomous-Vehicle/src at main · Oreoluwa-Se/Ros-Autonomous-Vehicle · GitHub]. It can be launched by using “roslaunch sumit_gps_nav nav_with_gps.launch” to reproduce the error.

Thank you!