Gazebo_utils not available in Unit2

Hi @albertoezquerro, this issue was in Robot Dynamics and Control Unit 2. The very first step clones a git, which we are then instructed to catkin_make. This git includes gazebo_utils and rigid_body_dynamics. However, it doesn’t seem like some of the modules in gazebo_utils able to be found by rigid_body_dynamics.

Hello @daniel.v.molina1 ,

Are you getting any errors at a specific exercise so that I can test? I’ve started testing it with the first exercises but they seem to be working OK.

1 Like

@albertoezquerro the error occurs in exercise 2.1, but I believe the error emanates from somewhere in the setup. I’ve posted the steps here which I have taken, along with the error that occurs and the expected output. I hope this helps.

PROCEDURE

1. cd ~/catkin_ws/src
  2. git clone Bitbucket
  3. cd ~/catkin_ws/
  4. catkin_make
  5. source devel/setup.bash
  6. rosrun rigid_body_dynamics spawn_table_and_box.py

ERROR

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/user/catkin_ws/src/robot_dynamics_files/rigid_body_dynamics/scripts/spawn_table_and_box.py”, line 3, in
from gazebo_utils.spawner import Spawner
ImportError: No module named spawner

EXPECTED OUTPUT

“A table and a cardboard box will be spawned in the Gazebo simulator window”

But are you trying this on your own local computer? I’ve just tested these same steps in the course and it’s working ok for me. If you are in the course, maybe you could try removing the build and devel folders and recompiling everything again.

@albertoezquerro thank you for that solution. After deleting everything in my workspace, and re-making with catkin_make, the steps I listed in my procedure finally worked.

Also, this issue was not observed on my local computer. This occurred using theconstructsim’s terminal.