Exercixe 2.1 , couldn't find executable

I am trying to implement exercise 2.1 solution , but I am getting the executable error, but as you can see i have made it executable with chmod command as well and i have implemented the commands as described in the cmake list as well, but still the error persist, kindly help?

Hello @ROSBUILD,

welcome to the community!

From your screenshot I can see that your project name is src and not exercises_unit_2. It is in line nr 2 in the CMakeLists.txt file in your screenshot. But this CMakeLists.txt file is inside the src directory of your package, that is incorrect.

It also seems to me that you also have the standard CMakeLists.txt file inside the exercises_unit_2 directory. The standard CMakeLists.txt file is the one that gets generated when you run the catkin_create_pkg command. This is the CMakeLists.txt file that you should modify. It is incorrect to have a second CMakeLists.txt inside the src folder as you have.

I think the easiest for you is to delete the exercises_unit_2 directory entirely and start all over from scratch. It should take you only 2 or 3 minutes of your time to re-do the exercise. If you don’t know how to proceed, follow the exercise solution, just below the exercise instructions.

Hope this helps,

Roberto

Hello @ROSBUILD,

I have slightly modified the exercise instructions in order to make it simpler, more clear.

Cheers,

Roberto

1 Like

yes , I have resolved the issue , thanks for the reply:)

1 Like