Exercise 4.5 solution yaml file doesnt exist in the launch

I was checking the solution for exercise 4.5 , something confuse me. below there is the launch file given in the solution page

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<launch>

<!-- Run the map server -->
  <arg name="map_file" default="$(find husky_navigation)/maps/my_map.yaml"/>
  <node name="map_server" pkg="map_server" type="map_server" args="$(arg map_file)" />

<!--- Run AMCL -->
  <include file="$(find husky_navigation)/launch/amcl.launch" />

<arg name="no_static_map" default="false"/>

<arg name="base_global_planner" default="navfn/NavfnROS"/>
  <arg name="base_local_planner" default="dwa_local_planner/DWAPlannerROS"/>
  <!-- <arg name="base_local_planner" default="base_local_planner/TrajectoryPlannerROS"/> -->

<node pkg="move_base" type="move_base" respawn="false" name="move_base" output="screen">

<param name="base_global_planner" value="$(arg base_global_planner)"/>
    <param name="base_local_planner" value="$(arg base_local_planner)"/>  
    <rosparam file="$(find husky_navigation)/config/planner.yaml" command="load"/>

<!-- observation sources located in costmap_common.yaml -->
    <rosparam file="$(find husky_navigation)/config/costmap_common.yaml" command="load" ns="global_costmap" />
    <rosparam file="$(find husky_navigation)/config/costmap_common.yaml" command="load" ns="local_costmap" />

<!-- local costmap, needs size -->
    <rosparam file="$(find husky_navigation)/config/costmap_local.yaml" command="load" ns="local_costmap" />
    <param name="local_costmap/width" value="10.0"/>
    <param name="local_costmap/height" value="10.0"/>

<!-- static global costmap, static map provides size -->
    <rosparam file="$(find husky_navigation)/config/costmap_global_static.yaml" command="load" ns="global_costmap" unless="$(arg no_static_map)"/>

<!-- global costmap with laser, for odom_navigation_demo -->
    <rosparam file="$(find husky_navigation)/config/costmap_global_laser.yaml" command="load" ns="global_costmap" if="$(arg no_static_map)"/>
    <param name="global_costmap/width" value="100.0" if="$(arg no_static_map)"/>
    <param name="global_costmap/height" value="100.0" if="$(arg no_static_map)"/>
  </node>

</launch>

Nowhere in the solution the parameters file “my_move_base_params.yaml” ,which also part of solution, was referred.
shouldnt there be something like

<rosparam file="$(find my_move_base_launcher)/params/my_move_base_params.yaml" command="load" />

Hello @erdemersan,

In the exercise instructions (letter e) it indicated to look at the planner.yaml file of the husky_navigation package. Then (letter f) it indicates to copy the contents of the planner.yaml file to your file my_move_base_params.yaml.

The husky_navigation package is from the previous unit, so you have to go back to unit 3 - Robot Localization.

Then do a roscd husky_navigation to move to the said package.
You will find the planner.yamlfile inside the config folder.

Hope this helps,

Roberto

This topic was automatically closed after 45 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.