Downloading from demo

Can anyone inform me of how to download the codings and models from demo? I downloaded the catkin_ws on my computer and what to do next?
I have created a new workspace on my own computer, and replace all 3 folders (build, devel, src) with the same folders from demo. But when I run catkin_make in my workspace, it says:

CMake Error: The current CMakeCache.txt directory /home/hardli/catkin_ws/build/CMakeCache.txt is different than the directory /home/user/catkin_ws/build where CMakeCache.txt was created. This may result in binaries being created in the wrong place. If you are not sure, reedit the CMakeCache.txt
CMake Error: The source “/home/hardli/catkin_ws/src/CMakeLists.txt” does not match the source “/home/user/catkin_ws/src/CMakeLists.txt” used to generate cache. Re-run cmake with a different source directory.
Invoking “cmake” failed

And it is obviously all the paths are different from my own wordspace. So how should I actually use the packages from demo, which I have finished during the course?

Try deleting the build directory and then run catkin_make again.

You should not transfer build and devel directories. You should just download catkin_ws/src. That’s where the source code is, and you can always regenerate build and devel from source code.

Since we are here now, do this on your local workspace:

cd ~/catkin_ws  # or wherever you put it
rm build/ devel/
catkin_make
source devel/setup.bash

PS: You might not have everything working out of the box in your local installation. You need to fix the issues one by one, by yourself as we don’t support local installs even if we try to help as far as possible.

Thanks for that. It works, I thougth I can also download the simulation models we uesd during the course, so I thought we can just download the whole workspace. But it is not like that.

1 Like

Glad you we could help you. Remember to mark bayodesegun’s post as solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.