Course 'Building and Rosifying a Robot from Scratch' renamed to 'Your First Robot with ROS'

I was working on the class Building and Rosifying a robot from scratch, but I can’t find it anymore!!

Hi @naramethn,

We are sorry for this confusion. This course has been renamed. The new name is now Your First Robot with ROS.

thanks you very much!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: How to get a Certificate Robot Ignite Academy

Hello @bayodesegun, I cant find this @Your First Robot with ROS@ course and the previous “build your first robot with ros…” has deprecated in bracket. Am I wasting my time with the deprecated course? I am currently facing issues with setting up my camera using instructions from the course.

I get this error at the end of my catkin_make of raspicam_node:

make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:443: raspicam_node/CMakeFiles/raspicam_node.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:141: all] Error 2
Invoking “make -j4 -l4” failed

Also, when I run roslaunch raspicam_node camera_module_v2_640x480_30fps.launch, I get this error and then it closes:

ERROR: cannot launch node of type [raspicam_node/raspicam_node]: Cannot locate node of type [raspicam_node] in package [raspicam_node]. Make sure file exists in package path and permission is set to executable (chmod +x)

Please help.

The course is deprecated where it is related to building an actual robot because some of the parts may not be available anymore, but the simulation should work.

Please paste the complete output of the error message that happens when you catkin_make. If the build was not successful, roslaunch will surely fail.

Hello @bayodesegun,

Please find below the error message I got. Kindly assist.

pi@raspberrypi:~/catkin_ws$ catkin_make
Base path: /home/pi/catkin_ws
Source space: /home/pi/catkin_ws/src
Build space: /home/pi/catkin_ws/build
Devel space: /home/pi/catkin_ws/devel
Install space: /home/pi/catkin_ws/install

Running command: “make cmake_check_build_system” in “/home/pi/catkin_ws/build”

Running command: “make -j4 -l4” in “/home/pi/catkin_ws/build”

[ 57%] Built target raspicli
[ 57%] Built target raspicamcontrol
[ 71%] Built target raspicam_node_gencfg
make[2]: *** No rule to make target ‘/opt/vc/lib/libbcm_host.so’, needed by ‘/home/pi/catkin_ws/devel/lib/raspicam_node/raspicam_node’. Stop.
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:443: raspicam_node/CMakeFiles/raspicam_node.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:141: all] Error 2
Invoking “make -j4 -l4” failed

@Yelaina
Please post the issue you are having in a new post with more details like:

• What unit are you on?
  • What exercise or example are you running?
  • Share any applicable package / code.