/cmd_vel doesn't work

So I started working with the jackel rover, and right off the bat I failed to move the jackal robot. I thought maybe it was an error from the server so I tried after sometime again but still couldn’t get the robot to move by using "rostopic pub -r 1 /cmd_vel geometry_msgs/Twist ‘{linear: {x: 0.0, y: 0.0, z: 0.0}, angular: {x: 0.0,y: 0.0,z: 1.0}}’ " publishing to the cmd_vel topic.

The fix for this is to use the command " rostopic pub -r 1 /jackal_velocity_controller/cmd_vel geometry_msgs/Twist ‘{linear: {x: 0.0, y: 0.0, z: 0.0}, angular: {x: 0.0,y: 0.0,z: 1.0}}’ ", apparently jackal has it’s own velocity controller to control the velocity.

Hoping others don’t face the same issue as I did. :slight_smile:

Thats strange…
I just tested it in the first unit and it worked publishing in the cmd_vel.

rostopic pub -r10 /cmd_vel geometry_msgs/Twist “linear:
x: 1.0
y: 0.0
z: 0.0
angular:
x: 0.0
y: 0.0
z: 0.0”

Could you retest it and post a video maybe? Thanks.

Yeah sure Miguel, let me have a look at it again. BTW, I tested it on my local computer as well, still same behavior persists. But still I will have a look on the robot Ignite Academy course as well and get back to you.

Hey @duckfrost, I tested it out but it doesn’t seem to work. I downloaded the simulation on my local machine and used the command over there, it works fine on my local machine but not on the course page. That is sort of fishy, and I can’t put a finger on what am I missing over here.

Just did it and it worked again. So if you could post some video showing all the process it might help us uncover the reason of the is strange issue. Thanks