Chapter 4 Custom Interfaces service paths got confused?

Hello

In Chapter 4.5 we create package exercise42_pkg
In Chapter 4.6 we cd into ~/ros2_ws/src/custom_interfaces which doesn’t exist

Has this been created at any stage before ? Thought it’s not mentioned in the Notebooks or should the srv path be created in exercise42_pkg ?

Regards

Hi @vkuehn ,

Yes, the instructions are correct in the tutorial notes. [I have completed ROS2 Basics both Py and C++].
You create a service message inside the custom_interfaces package and use it within exercise42_pkg.
Although, do not worry, you will be creating a new service message package for the services_quiz that is coming ahead!

You should have created this package at the very beginning of the tutorial - during Topics.

Regards,
Girish

Hi @girishkumar.kannan ,

thanks for your fast reply again. I was on an other version of the course and therefore rushed through until end of 3.
I’ll look again at the topics

Regards,
Volker

Hi @vkuehn ,

Just do the beginning of the Topics unit where you are introduced to custom message creation.
You will end up making the custom_interfaces package with msg file.
You can later make use of that package for the rest of the tutorial / course.
Actions unit also requires you to create an action message within custom_interfaces package - just an heads-up for you.

Regards,
Girish

Hi @girishkumar.kannan,

thanks for the hint, will do and let you know once passed 4.6

Regards,
Volker

Hi @girishkumar.kannan,

there is still a mistake in the documentation for 4.6 where the package.xml complete text mentions
custom_interfaces_service
where it should be
custom_interfaces

Not sure how to adress that.
However passed 4.6 thanks

Regards,
Volker

Hi @vkuehn ,

If you could take a screenshot of that problem and post it here, then The Construct team can fix it.

Also, I can tell you what it should be, once you post it.

Regards,
Girish

thanks, I have posted a message to them

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.