Chapter 3 Exercise 3.5

Unable to run:

Python Program {3.5}: simple_service_client.py

Not sure why. Previously I had the problem where the table wouldn’t delete. Not sure if there is a common fault/issue.

Cheers,

Dale

Hi @dale.carter84
can you please be a bit more specific? What exactly is the problem? What is supposed to happen but doesn’t. Add code examples or terminal outputs when possible.

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Simon,

I went through the process detailed in your example several times. Whilst running the simulation I tried to play the python code provided in the jupyter notebook section of the page and it didn’t delete the table. Having completed the all the exercises in Section 3 part 1 I now realise that it doesn’t really matter if the table and the food don’t disappear.

All the code run was from your site and in the correct order I believe. There is the possibility I made a mistake but it is not always clear. I understand this is all part of the learning process.

1 Like

Hi @dale.carter84,

Thanks for the update. I apologize for this error. It’s a known issue that appears randomly and we’re working on fix for it. I’ll keep you updated on our progress.

@dale.carter84,

Just wanted to let you know that we have replaced the /gazebo/delete_model/ with another example that works. Thanks so much for bearing with us.