Change OpenCV version Ros Development Studio

Hi everybody,

I’m sorry to bother you, but I’d like to know if someone has managed to change the opencv version while using ROS in Ros Development Studio.
I’m writing a python node where I need to call the cv2.connectedComponentsWithStats function, but I get the error "AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘connectedComponents’ ". After some researches, I’ve found out that this issue might be caused by the OpenCV version that I’m using (I checked it and it’s 2.4.9.1 currently). Thus, I’d like to update it at OpenCV 3.1.0, that I read should solve this issue.
I’ve already seen that another guy asked a tutorial about the same topic more or less (Tutorial on installing OpenCv).
Thank you for your time.

Hi Cosimo,
we do not have any tutorial about how to do that, but given the high interest in this subject, we have scheduled a ROS Developers Live Class on Tuesday the 5th of May at 18:00 CEST in our Youtube channel to show how to do that.

Please stay tuned to our emails, so we will send the link to the class (it is a free one) when the time comes.

Thanks a lot for that interesting question

1 Like

Hi Ricardo,

thank you so much for your reply and the interest you are showing for this topic.
I’m looking forward to attend the class.

Have a nice day!