Catkin rosject missing tools. osrf-pycommon>0.1.1

These seems to be a package missing in the rosject for ROS for Beginners (python).

This is the only line of the error I could make some go at deciphering a meaning from. The final line.

The 'osrf-pycommon>0.1.1' distribution was not found and is required by catkin-toolsuse the commnd

From what I can tell you need to use something like this command

sudo apt install python3-catkin-tools python3-osrf-pycommon

But the package doesn’t get found and I suspect I wouldn’t have permissions to do it anyway.

The full error is this.

Hello @DanielKorsah ,

It’s unusual this error, since the virtual computers assigned are prepared to have the necessary libraries for the courses already installed.

It may have happened something wrong during the boot up or a wrong configuration in the code.

Are you using any special package in the workspace?

The expected result for catkin build is similar to the following:
Screenshot from 2021-04-26 13-41-38

Let me know if this error persists

Regards

Yes, the problem has persisted today. I tried in a different browser and OS today in case it was a compatibility thing. I’m not using any special packages. Just the my package to follow a wall.

For now I’m proceeding with the units instead, so this doesn’t hold up my training too much.

Any word on what might be a workable solution, @marco.nc.arruda?

Hello @DanielKorsah ,

The problem is that this package is missing from the ROSDS computers. Until we install it there and it’s available by default, you can install it with the following commands:

sudo apt update
sudo apt install -y python3-osrf-pycommon

Best,

Thank you so much. I was pretty sure I’d just never be able to do the project and had just gone on with the units. I have to do this course as training for work so this is much appreciated. I didn’t think I was going to get an answer.

I also found pip3 install osrf-pycommon to work. I had the same problem in my first ROSject (Ros basics in 5 days) workspace today.

1 Like

Hello @orionrobots ,

Which rosject is that? Could you share it here?

That was the ROS Basics Real Robot Project. It looks like I can’t get a share link for that.