4.1.5 can't stop Moving BB8 forward

Did the Ctrl z thing and it went to background. sent kill pid command while in background. did bg, and it returned to foreground, but did not kill it. ctrl c will only kill it temporarily - it immediately starts again! CTRL z does nothing now. I can’t stop it!!!

Hi,

Please state exactly what you were doing and what you had launched to better understand your issue.

The best way is to restart the simulation using one of the buttons in the simulation window, and check click on the cross to close each of the terminals, to be sure that you didnt leave anything there running. Then also check that you don’t have nothing running demonised by some strange reason using the ( ps faux ) command.

Also you could just change to another course and back to this one. That will reset everything

hi im having the same problem and ive restarted everything as you said to do but after i do the bg the program doesn’t stop even though i did the kill PID earlier , and it wouldn’t stop even with the ctrl +z and ctrl +c .

Hi @riveramv ,

You can hit the reload simulation button on the gazebo window to terminate the movement.

If that does not work then try the following command:

rostopic pub -1 /cmd_vel geometry_msgs/Twist -- '[0.0, 0.0, 0.0]' '[0.0, 0.0, 0.0]'

Let me know if these worked for you.

Regards,
Girish

1 Like